Monday, April 14, 2008

Cycling Excitement

The past few days have been good ridin. I caught a flat comin to work on Friday. I was on the lakefront path heading north and just before McCormick place when that all too familiar hiss appeared at every revolution of my wheel. I was able to get to the Museum Campus where I threw the bike on the bus rack and got a ride in. It was nice to have a support vehicle just a mile or so down the road. During lunch I went into the Millennium Park Bicycle station and introduced myself to the resident bike mechanic, Dan and picked up a tube. Dan it turns out used to work at Breckenridge Ski School the same time I was working lifts at Breck and we knew some of the same people including the only Macedonian I've ever met, Marion. It was a nice blast from the past. Today I gave my Raleigh the day off and took my fancy Specialized in. Wow what a difference lightweight aluminum makes in constant headwinds, plus everything works on it. The Raleigh is in dyer need of new calipers.

1 comment:

Brendan said...

Dude, flats come in threes, so watch out.