Friday, March 21, 2008

Three Cheers for Spring

Blame it on the groundhog. Winter isn't going anywhere. My ride in today was geared up with goggles and a winter coat. The path was plowed at least once prior to my ride this morning but the snow is wet and slippery. It had me taking the turns extra wide.


The one thing thats great about pedaling in the snow is that you get the progression of riders who have been on the path before you. I live as farther south than most commuters and the evidence is in the snow tracks. I get on the path at 51st and there is only one other track until 35th st. Maybe one or two more by Soldier Field. Once I'm at the museum campus there's a good cache of tracks for the home stretch to the Loop. Not today. There were two other tracks besides mine and I'm pretty sure one of those bikes goes to my building.

1 comment:

Nick Bohnenkamp said...

Oh buddy, I hate to tell you that it's got to be 60 degrees today in Denver. Solid biking weather over here.