Sunday, February 17, 2008

Not a Puddle

I woke up this morning pretty jazzed to pedal into work even though its a Sunday. It was the first day I rode with out the winter coat and just my fleece. What started out as dogging puddles on the lakefront path turned into slowly riding through them. I made up my mind to turn off the path and hit up the road instead. Now if you're not familiar with Chicago's lakefront path this is no easy task due to the fact that one has to cross at a bridge over Lake Shore Drive in order to ride on a side street. On my way to the 32nd street bridge there is a low spot which has now turned into mini Lake Michigan. So as I lost all speed in the middle of this lake I had to pedal below the water line in order to stay upright and dry from my ankle up while keeping my pants dry. I think Ill stay off the path till the snow melt is complete.


If you read all of this you deserve to see a picture. Behold the city in fog.

No comments: