Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Climbing Gyms

Yesterday after work I met up with my brother, and climbing partner, Kenny for some indoor boldering at Hidden Peak. The indoor climbing culture thrives around Chicago and the sport definitely has a learning curve. The rating system is different than outdoor and it is all about routes. Some holds are part of a route and others belong to a different route. Finding your next hold can be difficult, but don't think too much as I was told yesterday "paralysis by analysis" will certainly set in.Kenny (bottom right)

Me shaking the spiders out of my chalk bag.

2 comments:

Brendan said...

I don't want to bust your balls too bad, but it was like 55 and sunny in Denver last weekend. Just saying.

Tommy Riley said...

It just got above zero today. While we were climbing it was negative teens with wind chill. I had just shaved off my beard that day too. Thats alright though its in the 80's and sun in Aus/NZ. (Attn Nick)...just sayin. HaHa