Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A Collective of Inspiration

Its no secret that the most influential time in my life was spent bumming around a town in Summit County, Colorado. Breckenridge is still a place that I retreat to, at least in my mind I haven't step foot in the town in since I made a few recordings of some fellow ski bums. That was in 2005. When I'm in need of some inspiration or motivation I revisit these recordings. I know them inside and out. There are 3 different versions that have been edited each reflecting my state of being at the time. The friends that I were able to document for this piece share a collective experience and their stories are powerful enough to stand alone. The fact of the matter is I've listened to them a lot and Nick's story is so good that I found myself repeating his contagious laugh on occasion. I'd like to give a special thank you to Nick Bohnenkamp, Richard Walford, and Amy Geers for yapping in front of a mic for me. Thanks and enjoy. (Approx 14min)

Download Tommy Riley - Breck Documentary

1 comment:

Nick Bohnenkamp said...

Woa dude. I barely remember that interview, but it brought back some good old memories. Thanks for posting it.